PHXMQG Meeting Agenda Saturday October 12, 2019
● Introduction of new members & guests
● Thank you everyone for coming to sew and to share with us!
● Day Retreat October 26th. See Francine for details
● Holiday Party
● Meeting minutes for September
● motioned by: N/A
● seconded by: N/A
Debits: $60.00 in new member fees, $20 Sweatshirt sales
Miscellaneous credits: (19.95 for door prizes), ($88 for QuiltconCharity Quilt supplies)
● Hospitality [Kimmi] : profiles will be done at the next meeting. Please let her know if you’d like to be featured!
● New Member / Outreach [Erika]-guests or new members, please make sure you take a do it yourself gift from the Guild.
● Block of the Month [Laura]
○ Stellar Stars! It’s not too late to join, in fact the timing is exceptional. Don’t forget that Guild members receive a nice discount on the BOM (plus videos!).
○ In addition, all 2019 BOM finishers who show their quilt top (it just needs to be pieced) at the Jan 2020 Guild meeting will receive an enamel pin!
● Charity [Bonnie & Faunna]:
○ Bonnie: Ongoing efforts - Jewish Community Center
○ Faunna: ???
○ Laura: Update on
○ Kate: Quiltcon 2020 Charity Challenge. Survey to be sent out next week.
● Programs: [Francine & Barry] :
○ October: Trunk Show/ Lecture - Louisa Smith Contemporary Curves
● Bee [Faunna/Tracy] : The bees are moving along.
● Swaps [Barbara & Clare]
○ No swap this month. Next swap:
Snacks: Barb: please sign up if you have not already.
Sew & Share: members shared quilts they’ve completed.