PHXMQG Meeting Minutes
May 9, 2020
Virtual Meeting (Zoom)
President opened the meeting and asked for new member/guest introductions and celebrations.
• Update on masks made and donated by the guild – over 500+
o Call for more masks to be made for donations
o Email Fauna if you have masks for donation
• We haven’t heard if they Pyle center will be opened in June, and even if it is, the leadership team will evaluate if it is safe for us to all meet as a group in person, or if we should have the meeting virtually again in June. We will advise the membership as we get closer to the June meeting date. Until then we will continue to meet via Zoom every Saturday in May to keep the connection going.
• We will launch a new Instagram quilt along on Monday May 11th, with daily prompts to share.
• We have a contract in place for a 2-day event with Sherrilynn Wood – we will keep you updated if anything changes with that event.
• Current Balance: $919.08
• Debits: Zoom ($15), website ($13) and postage ($23).
• Credits: membership ($38)
• This is Kate’s second year as treasurer, please let the leadership know if you are interested in putting your name on the ballot for 2021.
Block lottery and swaps – we will continue to make them and determine the best way to do the swaps – maybe we will do them all at once when we are in person again. We will keep you posted.
Called for motion to approve April meeting minutes
Linda first motion
Kathy second motion
• Block of the Month [Laura]
o BOM chair is also available for 2021 – let leadership know if you want to put your name in.
• Swap [Kimie] – chicken pin cushion
Show and Share: Members shared their quilt projects.
8 names we pulled for door prizes – all prizes will be mailed to winners.